Skin Type: Acne-Prone Skin
This lightweight, oil-free gel is specially designed to help address acne breakouts, as well as discourage new breakouts without causing dryness or irritation. Perfect for all skin types. This unique formula combines a new, novel anti-bacterial/anti-acne lipo-oligopeptide with the antibacterial enzyme Lysozyme. These 2 powerful antibacterial ingredients work with absolutely no irritation or drying effects on skin. This lightweight gel forms an invisible barrier upon application to seal in moisture & provide improved skin clarity. This is the perfect alternative for sensitive skin types that cannot use benzoyl peroxide products.
• Lysozyme/Lipo-oligopeptide complex exhibits antibacterial/anti-acne activity
• Lightweight & oil-free hydration
• Disappears into the skin
• Low MIC against bacteria
Key Active Ingredients:
• Lysozyme HCl - A naturally occurring muramidase enzyme that binds to the murein in the cell wall of acne-causing bacteria, causing the bacteria to expire.
• SYMPEPTIDE™ 380 (Myristoyl Hexapeptide-23) - An antibacterial host-defense peptide designed to attach to & act against several strains of bacteria, including Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes).
• B-Glucaderm™ (Beta Glucan) - Mushroom-derived polysaccharide effectively reduces skin irritation, boosts skin's natural immune response & provides oil-free hydration.
• Inositol - Antioxidant & DNA repair molecule. In a study published by the University of Maryland, Inositol was shown to protect human skin cells from the harmful effects of UV radiation. Inositol is a potent antioxidant that researchers have found to prevent reactive molecules from injuring DNA & turning cells cancerous.
To use: (AM & PM) - Apply thin layer to affected area 1-2 times daily. Safe for use in eye area. Follow with other appropriate treatments and/or moisturizer/sunscreen.
Posted by May on 31st Aug 2013
Won't overdry or aggravate your skin, isn't greasy or clogging, and works well.
Posted by sophie on 31st Aug 2013
This has been my daytime cream for the last couple months and I love it. I dont have acne but very oily and very sensitive skin with rosacea and it is hard to find a day time cream that is neither too rich nor too astringent. I am very pleased with this product
Posted by Unknown on 31st Aug 2013
My teen daughter likes this product, because it keeps her very mild breakouts at bay and doesn't cause irritation to her extremely sensitive skin.
Posted by Debbie M. on 31st Aug 2013
You don't have to have acne to enjoy the benefits of this product. I have skin that is prone to clogged pores, rosacea and general sensitivity. Since using the sample tub I requested, my skin is noticably more even and less inflammed. I am here to order 3 full containers! I think I will be able to get my son to use this too as it is not medicinal smelling or drying. So far the only thing he will use is your 5% BHA. Unique product! :-)