GHK-Cu (also known as copper peptides) are small chains of amino acids, or protein fragments, that are bound to copper ions. Copper peptides have been shown to trigger a wound-healing response in skin, act as a powerful antioxidant & anti-inflammatory agents and inhibit the breakdown of the skin's cellular matrix (the skin's collagen and elastin factories). Copper peptides have also been shown to reduce scar tissue formation while stimulating normal skin remodeling. Bio-Copper™ Serum is ideal to calm & soothe irritated skin, or for use after peels, microdermabrasion, or laser treatments. Copper peptides also have been clinically shown over time to reduce the thickness and appearance of stretch-marks and scar tissue. Copper peptides can also assist in relieving the irritation & redness associated with retinol use and AHA's (alpha hydroxy acids). Studies have shown that copper peptides stimulate the synthesis of "normal" & healthy collagen in skin, thus contributing to a more youthful, healthy skin appearance.
• High levels (over 2%) of GHK-Cu (copper peptides)
• Perfect for sensitive skin types
• Oil-free hydration
• Provides irritation-free skin rejuvenation/remodelling
• Micro-purified to remove potentially irritating free copper ions
Key Active Ingredients:
• BioGen-Cu™ (GHK Copper Peptides) – Copper Peptides are complexes where copper ions are bound to small protein fragments that will fit specific receptor sites in the skin. Anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, antioxidant properties. Reduces the depth & appearance of scar tissue & stretch marks, as well as allows for the repair of damaged collagen, which otherwise results in visible skin aging.
• B-Glucaderm™ (Beta Glucan) - Mushroom-derived polysaccharide effectively reduces skin irritation, boosts skin's natural immune response & provides oil-free hydration.
• Inositol - Antioxidant & DNA repair molecule. In a study published by the University of Maryland, Inositol was shown to protect human skin cells from the harmful effects of UV radiation. Inositol is a potent antioxidant that researchers have found to prevent reactive molecules from injuring DNA & turning cells cancerous.
• Sodium PCA - A sodium salt that is naturally occurring in skin. This molecule binds water to the skin and is a natural moisturizing factor. It leaves skin smooth & hydrated, without feeling sticky or tacky.
To use: After cleansing & toning, apply 1-2 pumps to palm of hand. Apply to face, neck and décolleté with fingers in a thin, even layer. Apply once daily. After using product for 2 weeks, increase application to twice daily. Safe for use in eye area.
Note: For best results, do not use immediately following or prior to low pH acids.
8 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Just what I have been looking for!
I received a small sample pot of this with my purchase of the .25% retinol nite repair. I had recently had stitches on a finger and this dramatically changed the scar!
I have been using this product for i think 4 or 5 years. Love it . I pretty much only use PsF products at this point. my staples are Bio copper, berry beneficial, Dmae, 3-1 eye serum and the retinol cream . i love all of them!
Does not dry out my skin. Combination of products make my skin very soft. I am not sure I see a noticeable change using this particular product but may not have used it long enough yet. Will keep using though.
Calms any redness or inflammation from angry acne spots, and helps with the healing process trememdously. I always have one of this in my skincare-kit.
Using this to combat the dryness and sensitivity from retinol, I appreciate that it is really calming and makes my skin feel lightly moisturized.
I started using this product a few months ago along with the retinol nite repair and so far I have been very pleased with the results. I use it once a day at night.
I have found copper peptides to be invaluable as part of my anti-aging skincare routine. CP's go extremely well with Retin-A or retinol products, helping to stimulate college production, which greatly reduces the irritation of the retinol. They're truly a match made in heaven, and I can't get through the winter without CP's. This particular CP is well formulated and effective at a reasonable price.