Skin Type: Aging Skin
This lightweight, oil-free serum is specially designed to help address the visible signs of aging. Anti-aging mimetic peptides combine with peptides from enzymatically hydrolyzed collagen & elastin to trigger the dermal matrix to produce new & healthy collagen & elastin, the building blocks & support system of youthful, healthy skin. Herbal extracts act as anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and prostaglandin inhibitors.
- Dermal matrix stimulation
- Encourage improved elasticity
Encourage enhanced collagen synthesis
Lightweight & oil-free hydration
Disappears into the skin
Key Active Ingredients:
• SYN®-COLL - Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 is a small collagen building peptide with significant wrinkle reducing abilities.
• Extracts of Sigesbeckia orientalis & Centaury - Herbs which have demonstrated strong anti-inflammatory & well as containing high levels of the prostaglandin inhibitors dautroside & ursolic acid. Sigesbeckia has been clinically proven to fully restore elasticity to damaged skin with collagen fibers arranged in a normal, healthy fashion.
• Enzymatically Hydrolyzed Collagen & Elastin - Peptides from collagen & elastin enhance the skin's own barrier function, while encouraging enhanced collagen synthesis & improved elasticity.
• B-Glucaderm™ (Beta Glucan) - Mushroom-derived polysaccharide effectively reduces skin irritation, boosts skin's natural immune response & provides oil-free hydration.
• PBN Spin Trap - Spin traps work differently than other types of antioxidants. Instead of neutralizing free radicals like other antioxidants, spin traps can suppress GTF's (gene transcriptional factors) associated with various pathological states. Spin traps work by capturing the reactive oxygen species and redirecting it to support beneficial tissue respiration instead of spinning off to destruct DNA-rich skin cells.
• Inositol - Antioxidant & DNA repair molecule. In a study published by the University of Maryland, Inositol was shown to protect human skin cells from the harmful effects of UV radiation. Inositol is a potent antioxidant that researchers have found to prevent reactive molecules from injuring DNA & turning cells cancerous.
• Hyaluronic Acid - One of the most biologically complex and nourishing molecules for the skin. It is found naturally in young skin, and decreases subsequently with age. It is responsible for retaining moisture within the skin, contributes to plumpness, softness, and firmness of skin tone.
To use: Apply once daily to face & neck. Safe for use in eye area. Follow with moisturizer/sunscreen.
This is a light weight serum that does not leave skin feeling oily, but still moisturized. It is one of only a few antioxidants that I have ever found that includes PBN Spintrap- a very unique antioxidant that really helps in the anti-aging arsenal. In my opinion, this may not work as well for 'older' skin with more noticeable aging issues that may require stronger serums, but it is great for people in their 30's and 40's, and even early 50's.