Skin Type: Hyperpigmented Skin
Our PhytoNutriv™ Lightening Serum has been designed to act as an alternative to 2% or 4% Hydroquinone formulas for the treatment of facial and hand hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone has been found to be cytotoxic (kills skin cells) and has been banned from cosmetic formulations in several countries due to its carcinogenic properties. Our PhytoNutriv™ Lightening Serum does NOT contain Hydroquinone. It lightens the appearance of hyper-pigmented skin through a combination of Kojic Acid, Arbutin, Methyl Gentisate and natural, plant-derived pigmentation suppressors such as Licorice Root, Mulberry and Bearberry. This formula combines these beneficial ingredients in safe, yet high concentrations and with a transdermal delivery system so they easily penetrate the stratum corneum and are absorbed deeply in the skin.
Diligence and patience are a must for a successful skin lightening regimen. It can take two weeks to a month before the catecholase activity of tyrosinase may be reduced to the point that visible lightening of the pigmented areas is obvious. Topical skin lighteners, when used in conjunction with peeling agents (alpha or beta hydroxy acids) and sunscreen can and do work over time to lighten the appearance of freckles, sun-spots, age-spots, and other forms of dermal & epidermal hyperpigmentation.
• Non-hydroquinone formula
• Provides gradual & uniform skin lightening
• Can be safely used over extended periods of time (months or even years)
• Provides extended suppression after hyperpigmentation treatments
• Contains high levels of tyrosinase inhibitors
• Utilizes safe ingredients to help produce low-irritation skin lightening
Key Active Ingredients:
• Kojic Acid – This plant-derived lightening agent and antioxidant. It gently & safely lightens skin through tyrosinase inhibition, while decreasing melanin content & scavenging free radicals generated within tissue.
• Arbutin - Powerful tyrosinase inhibitor. Arbutin is capable of inhibiting 39% of melanin synthesis within the cell.
• Methyl Gentisate - Powerful inhibitor of de novo melanogenesis.
• Licorice, Mulberry & Bearberry (Uva-Ursi) Extracts - A gentle, yet effective blend of plant-derived tyrosinase inhibitors & supressors. These extracts are highly concentrated and contain lightening agents capable of inhibiting up to 50% of the activity of tyrosinase.
• B-Glucaderm™ (Beta Glucan) - Mushroom-derived polysaccharide effectively reduces skin irritation & provides oil-free hydration.
• Hyaluronic Acid - Anti-aging skin molecule holds 1,000 times it's molecular weight in water. Plumps up the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles.
To use: (AM & PM) - Apply twice daily to dry, clean skin. Dispense 1-2 pumps into palm of hand & apply to skin with fingertips. Safe for use in eye area.
FDA Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.
This has definitely made a difference in lightening dark spots around my eyes and eyelids, though it has taken nearly the entire bottle for me to see lightening of the (still visible) spots. I like that it's safe to use around the eyes. It has also seemed to even out the rest of my complexion, so that's a nice bonus!
I've been using this product for 3 or 4 years now. I forget my exact start date because I can't remember my life prior. I'm from Calcutta, my skin is melanin-happy and nothing makes me look tired and worn out more than when my complexion is uneven. Tip: It's important to apply this product to a dry face, post cleansing. Gently work the product in until it disappears. You will note a clarity pretty quickly and as Susan reviews, diligent use of this product produces beautiful results. I am very pleased!
Nice formulation. Kojic acid and arbutin really do lighten hyperpigmentation. You need to use it diligently for a few weeks to see results, but it does work.